Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:27:02 -0500
Anyone caravaning through Oklahoma? I'm leaving on the 24th (after work) to
head up to Texarkana. I'll spend the night there, as well as shave 3 hours
off the trip. Once I leave Texarkana, I have no definite route, so would
gladly join any caravans out of OK, AR, or LA.

Brad

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com> wrote:

> Hello spridgets
>
>            I've been using Google Earth and Google maps. i have
>            DeLorme Street Atlas USA. It's not like i'm over 50 years
>            old and never driven cross country before guys. I don't
>            have a laptop, or a GPS and don't plan to get one.
>
>            i was just wondering WHY ANYONE would go thru DENVER
>            given that is a longer route (i found it to be longer
>            using the drag route feature of Google Maps.
>
>            i KNOW the interstates are boring and all the same. I
>            KNOW the places really worth seeing are on the state
>            routes, the by ways, and back ways.
>
>            Using Google Maps to compute drive times gives me the
>            following figures. Using Interstates, about 30 hours, at
>            70 mph to cover the 2000 miles. Avoiding Interstates,
>            about 43 hours at 50 mph to cover 2126 miles. that 13
>            hour difference is TWO DAYS extra drving.
>
>            I presume that most people who are headed to MO will
>            start out on the Saturday before (if they're not retired
>            and can ALL THE TIME THEY WANT) or later. That's when i
>            plan to leave, but i have over 2000 miles in the MOST
>            DIRECT ROUTE. there ARE time constraints.
>
>            going home i'll have a couple of extra days
>
>            oops .. rant over.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com
>  '66 Sprite
>      * "Skool is grate," said Tom comprehensively.

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad