[Spridgets] exhaust gasket material

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] exhaust gasket material
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:15:13 -0700
Bugsy's been down for a week since I discovered that NAPA manifold gasket
material (the grey stuff on a steel core) doesn't stand up to turbo
temperatures.  It developed a leak, and on disassembly the gasket was pretty
much just a bunch of ash clinging to the stainless steel core.  Not a single
turbo shop on the web or anywhere else could find a gasket to fit the Rayjay
turbo.  After a bit of research I found a company that sells gasket material
made of graphite bonded to stainless steel.  Good up to 900F, and two sheets
are on the way for Monday.  I should have held on to the crappy old ones at
the last rebuild, oh well.
If anyone else needs a VERY high temp gasket, enter "graphite gasket material"
in Google, or e-mail me and deal for my leftovers.

Glen