[Spridgets] Gearbox noise?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Gearbox noise?
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 20:05:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi folks,
This is in a 1500 Midget.  There is a continuous noise, getting louder by the
day, that is hard to describe.  Sort of a cross between a whistle and a gargle.
 Sitting in the car, it semms it is coming from the the gearbox.  Can't really
hear it from under the hood.
The noise is there with the car moving or stationary. It doesn't go away
pushing the clutch pedal in and out (car stationary) so it doesn't seem to me
that it could come from the gearbox.  I checked the gearbox oil level anyway
and its fine.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Cheers,  Adrian (smelling of EP 90)