Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Re: Gasoline/Diesel $

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets Digest <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Re: Gasoline/Diesel $
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:53:09 GMT
Assuming an original, you've got the (H) or "high compression" 8.8-1 1275 which
likes 98RON if I recall the factory manual
accurately?

Now the mfg. was conservative on this, considering he was warrantying the motor.

Here in the US octane is shown as pump octane or PON. Usually, 3 numbers are
added to get a "ballpark" RON from PON.

So even our Citgo 93PON (96RON)
comes up a bit short but as I said, BMC
was conservativve when it came to recommended octanes.

British and Europeans have 98RON available at the pump I believe. And probably
Austraiia as well?

What say you, Colin??

CapBob