Re: [Spridgets] cooling system issues

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] cooling system issues
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:34:47 +0000
Is it 'leaking' coolant somewhere?

My thought was that it might be a bad head gasket pressurizing the cooling
system.

< tempted to put in the "I know not of what I write" quote and sign this
"ED" >

RD

----Original Message Follows----

You may consider replacing the water pump. I wonder if the impeller may have
deteriorated, whilst the car was sitting.

Brad

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:52 AM, <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net> wrote:

 > Reviving a 74 midgit. I last posted about leaking antifreeze from the
 > radiator cap of my expansion tank after a ride. I replaced the cap with a
13
 > Lbs cap and today after a 27 mile 50 minute ride  to and from work i had
 > antifreeze coming out of the overflow tube on the expansion tank. I also
 > have a broken temp gauge to make things more interesting. I checked the
 > overflow when things cooled down and it is half full but the radiator is
 > down about 4".  What is causing this?  My plan is to replace the
thermostat
 > and the badly corroded looking crossflow pipe on the bottom of the
radiator.
 > is there anything else i am missing or should try while i am at it?
There
 > does seem to be a small oozing of oil from the head gasket but not enough
 > reduce oil pressure or volume.
 > any ideas?
 > thanks
 > ryan