[Spridgets] NJ Visit

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] NJ Visit
From: "Norm 2Bs" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:58:11 -0400
Yeah.  I'll be "visiting" New Jersey soon too.  Spending a few hours on the
Turnpike at 70 mph 2 car-lengths from the cars in front & in back.  My
favorite racetrack.  But, like on a real racetrack at least on the NJ Tpk
everyone is going the same direction.  That is unlike Rt. 19 here in
Pinellas County, FL.  On 19 you also have cars doing 70, but in addition,
you have cars crossing from right and left, making "U" turns, right turns
from the left lane, etc.  Most dangerous road I've seen.  It's one of the
reasons the MGB that was my daily driver when I lived in Connecticut &
racked up an average 7,000 miles a year, gained only 300 miles in the 2
years I had it down here.

Frank, I'll wave as I pass by Rt. 70.

Finally got the Turner running right yesterday.  For those of you who knew
about the sluggish throttle response it has been suffering for the last
year, including at the VDCA race at Roebling last Sept., it was solved by
removing the 1-1/4" SUs & replacing them with the ancient, leaky 1-1/2" SUs
from my '66 MGB.  Made all the difference in the world.  It ran as it
should.  Last week I removed them to rebuild & modify per Dave Vizard's
recommendations.  As of yesterday afternoon, all done & carbs tuned fairly
well. Not sure the neighbors appreciated the loud acceleration tests.  It
does have a muffler, BUT...

Cheers!

Norm Sippel