Re: [Spridgets] 1500 Midget tune up and interesting timing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1500 Midget tune up and interesting timing
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:36:14 -0400
Remember Adrian,

Midgets were never very quick to begin with. IIRC 1500 0-60 times were in the
14-15 sec range.
Almost all cars, even econboxes are much quicker nowadays.
Grassroots Motorsports did a track test with a vintage racecar and a new
Minivan
a couple years ago. The Minivan was quicker around a road course by several
seconds!

Brian S.

Bugeyeracer under resto
FINALLY painted....

> Hi Folks,
>
> Just yesterday I passed a lady cradling her infant in her arms.  Nothing
wrong with that but she was driving a big SUV at the time.  Which got me
thinking that I need to tune up this MG in case I need to get out of her way
in a hurry one day.  This MG has got zero acceleration.  Sure, you can get up
to 70 mph no problem, but it takes a while.

> Anyways, my MG runs great. starts first time, etc, but when you put the hoof
down, nothing happens except a leisurely increase in speed.  I mean, at least
my Toyota makes a big screaming noise when I do that.

> Cheers,  Adrian

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_
Refresh_messenger_video_042008