[Spridgets] Toe in?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Toe in?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:43:41 -0400
Saturday I took the 67 (my kids took the 58 & 59) to a local LBC show.
It was about a 100 mile round trip day. Other than some fuel issues on
the 58, all went well.
Today I took the 67 to the Dentist and notice the steering wheel was not
centered like it was before Saturdays trip. I know it was centered when
I left home Saturday and it has been centered since I finished the car a
couple months ago. So why is it off center?
Also checking the toe in which was set at 1/16 IN, was now 1/2" OUT.
I reset the toe tonight to 1/16 in and my steering wheel is straight again.
What caused it to go out so much?
Yes this is the same side with the effed up camber but I did have it
reasonably close with an offset urethane bushing which I did pin so it
did not roll to the low end. It's still pinned and where I set it.
The wheel is leaning way out again at the bottom again. I know I didn't
bend the frame anymore than it was already bent.
All bushings are new, car has about 400 miles on it.
This is a constantly changing left front wheel.
I also learned that my genuine BMC wheel embellishers make an awful
whistle noise at 75-80 mph.

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ