Re: [Spridgets] audiovox cruise control

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] audiovox cruise control
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:18:12 -0500
>I had some trouble getting the new cruise control to hold speed above
>50mph,
> so I searched the web for answers.
> If you have one of these and its working great, ignore this.  This refers
> only
> to an Audiovox CCS100 cruise control in a Spridget.
> Set the PPM for 8000, set it for ECM, high sensitivity and don't bother
> with
> the magnet sensor or VSS wire.  Run it "tach only".
> Without the magnet, its gets all it needs to know from the coil.  You can
> just
> cut off the fat gray wire.

Ya know, I almost emailed you when you posted about hooking up the magnet,
but you sounded as if was working for you. That is the same result I had
with mine. The only conclusion I was able to come up with was that it
figured that the rpm of the driveshaft with a 3.9 and 13" tires represented
too great of a speed. Like you, I researched and called AudioCVox's tech
support to no avail. As soon as I set the switch for tach signal only, I was
good to go.
David Lieb