Re: [Spridgets] cruise control

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] cruise control
From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:52:35 -0400
Yep. I hear you Larry, but...a number of years ago I bought a radar
detector.  Not because I'm a big speeder, I usually drive about 75 on the
Interstates, but because I got a couple of what I call bullshit tickets.
That is..lazy cops in my neighborhood sitting under a shade tree on a long
straight road with no houses, no kids, nothing but woods all around, and the
speed limit is 30 mph.  You just can't drive that slow for very long.  The
limit should be about 40, but the cops really like that shade tree.  I'v
actually thought about chopping it down.

Another BS ticket I got several years ago was because a construction crew
forgot to take down a 50 mph sign after the construction was long gone.
This was on a remote road in south Florida where again, the cops just took
advantage of the situation.  The rest of the road was 65 except for this one
little stretch where that sign was.  I may have been able to win this one in
court, but court was about 250 miles from home.

Of course, in Virginia, radar detectors are 'illegal', so you have to put it
on the floorboard.  I found it works just as well on the floor.

Heard Saxon