[Spridgets] On the Road Again - finally

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] On the Road Again - finally
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 16:53:06 -0400
After a loooong restoration (Sprite last on the road in 1974), my
wife and I took a short spin through the subdivision today (1/2 mile)
with no plate, no fenders, no hood, and no bonnet. It started right
up with the static settings I dialed in according to the "good
books." I do have a sticky throttle so we more or less just idled
around. It is amazing how well it runs with just the static settings.
Good oil pressure and no leaks. I do need to get more air bubbles out
of the clutch line or maybe adjust the linkage at there isn't much throw.

I did the tach conversion to negative earth. The tach seems to be way
high of the real RPM's - measured by ear. Don't know what's going on
there, but will check that out with my dwell tach soon. Not sure what
the fix would be though. I did cut the white wire and swapped them
around as per the instructions about this.

My wife likes the sound and the look of the Sprite.

While I was working on it I had it up on a dolly to get it up to a
convenient height. Now that it is on the ground it really looks small.

I once tried to claim the longest restoration title, but other
listers took exception to my claim to fame. 34 years. . . . wow. Need
to do the drill on a tune up, add the exterior body work, some
interior panels, touch up some paint dings and it should be ready to play with.

Great fun!

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/