Re: [Spridgets] Battery Hold Down Brackets

To: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Battery Hold Down Brackets
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 21:22:52 -0400
Bob Spruck wrote:
>  Why use wood for such a critical
> application? Is it because Frank is a carpenter and wood oriented?
Well yeah, and wood is all over my house and garage.
But I switched to wood after my battery shorted out across the terminals
and the metal hold down many years ago.
Talk about letting the smoke out! And the arcing was down right
beautiful but scary. Melted posts and a welded hold down and I have been
using wood ever since.
Cedar is nice, it holds any oil that should get on it.
Oak looks nice too but turns black when it gets wet, I have a piece of
cherry on the 58, pecan on the 67, cedar on the 59.
BABE car had oak, PIECES had cedar too.
I can see where the angle iron across the lip of the battery would be a
good idea but use US steel, not home cheapo chinese metal. ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ