Re: [Spridgets] Electrical Problem

To: Maxime Slegers <max@maxengland.com>, <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Electrical Problem
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:14:20 -0700
Pretend you have a ballast resistor, and use a solenoid that has terminals
to bypass it. I had to do this with my Ranchero to get the Pertronix to
work.  You're getting too much voltage drop somewhere in the wiring.
The other solution is to improve all of the wiring and connectors that can
drop the voltage to the coil while the starter's cranking. Rewiring the
solenoid was easy and it worked, but then the Ranchero is just an old Ford I
use for work, so I'm not emotionally involved.
It certainly wouldn't hurt to run bigger wires to the ignition switch and
back to the coil, solder all of the connectors, and squirt some WD40 into
the switch.
BZ