Re: [Spridgets] clutch/brake pedal question...

To: dmg@bossig.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] clutch/brake pedal question...
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 18:41:16 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,
     There is supposed to be a bronze bushing pressed into the pivot point
for the pedals.  You can get the bushings from Clarke Spares $
Restoration and Todd Clarke.  Nice guy.  My suggestion is to buy two
of Todd's bushings.  It was a little short for the full length of the
bore where the pivot bolt goes.  Just press one in so it's flush with
one end, then press the other in from the other end until it contacts
the other bushing.  Then cut flush.  You have the added benefit of
being able to paint the pedal box at the same time.  At least that's
the way my Bugeye worked out.  Don't know about the later cars.  Just
Google Clarke's Spares $ Restoration.  Probably the cheapest way to
go about it.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2