[Spridgets] Spridget Demolition

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Midget/Sprite"
Subject: [Spridgets] Spridget Demolition
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:27:12 -0500
I am presently contemplating the best location under the midget for 1/2 lb
of C-4
to have maximum effect.

Today I finally got it all back together after having the engine out to fix
a bad oil leak.
I don't have room in my garage for this work so I did the job 35 miles away
at my
brother-in-law's shop. It literally took months because of having to find
times when
Danny was home and I could come work on it. That plus my back is now so bad
that I couldn't finish underneath of the car. One day last week I tried to
reconnect the
drive shaft, bolt up the clutch slave and the bolts in the rear transmission
bracket.
When I scooted out from under the car on the creeper it took me 1/2 hour to
get
up off the creeper and the pain was incredible.

Anyway, yesterday I towed it home and today I filled all the fluids and
started it up.
I still have to bleed the clutch again as I had no clutch pedal. Okay - no
big deal
there.  I ran it for a little in neutral to check timing..etc (I also
installed a Pertronics
Ignitor) .

Okay...  fuel dripping from the bottom of my single HIF44 - float problem
probably
and I can deal with that.  Then I looked under the car.

Oil dripping from both the front and rear of the engine. Well...  dripping
isn't a
really accurate term...  "pouring" would be closer....

I started it rolling downhill in first gear and drove it into the garage
where it
now sits. I don't even want to look at the #$(&^!@#$  for a few days.

I need to go get good and drunk and blow the damned thing to smithereens!!

Jim - 68 "Sonofabitch Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29,
2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>
I'll be there but probably not in a Spridget!