[Spridgets] u-joint - epilog

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] u-joint - epilog
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:36:12 +0000
Well, ... I am an idiot at times.  Installing the drive shaft from behind
using the masking tape around the front u-joint was very easy to do.  I got
it on the second try.  The whole job, done leisurely ( some whistling
involved ) took 16-ish minutes from car on stands to ready to take the car
off stands.  So, I thank all for the info of wrapping the masking tape
around and letting me know in advance that the bolt holes aren't evenly
spaced.  My "duh!" moment was that I tried to blindly install it the first
time.  I inserted the drive shaft in and waited until I heard metal on
metal.  Then I tried to figure out where the hole was.  That lasted about 20
seconds and the tape failed.  Pulled it out, rewrapped it and thought to
turn on a work light ... :)

I brought out the video camera to record the event as I thought that it
might be funny.  Camera placement got me a video of the back of my head and
my right elbow for the most part.

Most of my drive train noises went away, so I'm a happy boy.  I brought the
camera turned on on the passenger seat for the test drive to try to capture
sound.  I'm not sure how that went.

RD