[Spridgets] engine pull

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] engine pull
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 02:18:34 -0400
Got home early enough to start on the engine pull. Printed out the list
and hit the garage.

Pretty much uneventful. Biggest challenge was unbolting the slave from
the transmission. Finally figured out I was going to have to undo the
top bolt through the little access hole on the passenger side. What a
PITA! Is there a better way? That cost me a lot of time. Putting it back
in should be a joy... I'm planning to replace the slave and the hose,
which appears to be vintage... Bleeding via the access hole looks
challenging as well...

Lots of little things, like the engine lift wouldn't slide under the
front of the car without hitting the tie rods. So time lost while
scouting up some 2x6's to put under the front tires to gain clearance.

Got everything undone, and went to remove the engine. Came to the
realization pretty quickly that I must have missed some tranny mounting
bolts. I had removed the two underneath, but had missed the two inside
the car.

Split the transmission off as well. Looks like I need a new ring gear too...

It took roughly 3 hours total - not too bad considering thats the first
time I have ever pulled an engine. I would say that the engine removal
list was very helpful - thanks to all of you for helping me flesh that out.

I'm thinking about power washing and degreasing while the engine is out.
And theres a lot of crud in the tunnel...

--

Marc