Re: [Spridgets] LotO Autocross

To: "Lester" <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] LotO Autocross
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:55:09 -0500
> .. and what about 5 speeds?

Another good question. 5th gear is obviously of no benefit in an autocross
where you never get out of 2nd, but that synchro on first can be a benefit
to some styles of autocross. I won't pretend to be that good, I generally
get it into second by the time I get to the first gate and never touch the
shifter again until the end of the run.

Back to the Judson, the concept at the time was that a Judson on a 948 made
it comparable to a 1275, right? So perhaps we should simply bump the car
from the under 1200cc class into the over 1200cc class? And likewise with a
5-speed? Either mod bumps you up a class.

Opinions are welcome.
David