Re: [Spridgets] rivergate speedo issues.... worst case scenario!

To: <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] rivergate speedo issues.... worst case scenario!
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:36:35 -0500
Or possibly Door Number Three, buy a bicycle speedometer.
I use a Sigma Sport BC1200 (NLA) that will read up to 199.5MPH (ask the
Germans, I have no idea why a bicycle would need that) and can accomodate
wheel diameters from 1/8" to 8'. The only problem I have had with it is that
it cannot keep up with a driveshaft-mounted pickup. Too many pulses per
second for it to compute anything but current speed over 60MPH... unless you
believe that you can drive from Chicago to Allentown, PA in less than 400
miles. Using a magnet on the brakedrum, it works great. Current speed always
on the display with average speed or max speed or clock or elapsed time or
one of three odometer functions. Oh yes, it also does not have a light and
losing the battery loses your odometer.
Do not be temped to go with the wireless option; I have been assured that it
does not work well with metal in the way.
The BC1200 is no longer made, but it hass been replaced with a new line.
details at www.sigmasport.com.
David Lieb