Re: [Spridgets] summer school cars

To: Kate <kgb@frontiernet.net>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] summer school cars
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:56:07 GMT
I don't want to get off on a rant here, but...

"The 'gimme' generation"

Boy, you can say that again.

We have more oil than God beneath US land mass and off-shore and are one of the
world's greatest petroleum users.

Yet, while we go begging or otherwise INSISTING the MidEast oil producers pump
more of their finite natural resource to meet OUR needs, we contribute little
to nothing to the global petroleum pool 'cause we want a clean environment.

And yet, other countries can maintain a clean environment while concurrently
pumping plenty of oil...Norway comes to
mind. Yet we cannot do this!!!

"Gimme, gimme, gimme" while contributing
virtually nothing to what we want, though we are in a position to do so!!!
Great global team players, my gov't/Congress. Childishly
selfish would be more like it in this particular respect.

I hope the MidEast oil producers tell us to
f-ck off.

My gov't/Congress deserves such treatment for being so short-
sighted. You could see this situation coming 30+ years ago when MidEast
Governments nationalized their natural
resource. I mean, our stupidity in this particular respect is embarrassing! :(

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)