[Spridgets] 5 Speed Conversion problems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] 5 Speed Conversion problems
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:40:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I am encountering major problems with a Datsun 5 Speed kit I have recently
received.  Although the adapter plate fits excellent, the rear trans mount is
too high and will not allow rear movement.  Due to this, the fan hits the
radiator. I already had to bash the heck out of the bottom of the heater duct
and the top of the transmission tunnel to just get it to fit and so the
driveshaft wouldn't hit.  Will an earlier fan/pulley work better since I have
the 1275 plastic fan/cast iron pulley type?

Suggestions?  Ditch the kit and reinstall the original 4 speed ribcase?

Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275