[Spridgets] My theory on my low end miss

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] My theory on my low end miss
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:00:30 -0400
After my head gasket replacement, I still had a low speed miss on #2,
the cyl where the head gasket blew.
Peter emailed me with a wild idea, Put in a 180 out dizzy and wire the
plugs to suit.
I did and managed to move the miss to #3 cyl.
WTF? I had the miss with 2 different distributors, 2 different caps and
wire sets.
One wire set was brand new just before the trip to MO.
Both wire sets were firing fine, strong blue spark at #2.
Now that I moved the sequence around, the miss moved. How can this be?
Tonight I put on a used dizzy cap with some old wires, no more miss.
My theory is that the spark, not firing in the water soaked cylinder,
somehow backed up
and semi self destructed the wire and/or dizzy cap.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Maybe an electrical engineer or a rocket scientist on this list can
explain this one.
BTW, the working cap and wires is one of those original 90* copper end
jobs like from the factory.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ