Re: [Spridgets] midget accident update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] midget accident update
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:49:24 +0000
Your insurance seems much more flexible than mine.  I insure my cars as
daily drivers and they require an appraisal of the car's value.  I've never
had to update the appraisal ... yet.  They would never pay out a higher
price than what I'm paying coverage for.

Good luck!  I'm sure this isn't fun!

----Original Message Follows----
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>

There's no deductable, because it was the other guys fault.  They didn't
think it was worth $3500 when we started this whole mess, so no, I wasn't
going to settle for that.  Also, before I accept a check, I plan on getting
them to leave the claim open on two items, the frame rails, and paint match.
The last time this happened, the painter, with the correct paint codes, who
was the guy who painted it in the first place, couldn't get the paint to
match, and ended up re-painting the whole car.  If you've had a shop do a
base/clear paint complete in the last 5 years, you'd know that that alone
could run $7000.
The original estimate is for $7300, their adjuster says $6800, I should know
soon what they plan on offering.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Duquette"
<robertduquette@sympatico.ca>