[Spridgets] Tire Rack.com needs a Spridget to measure/trial-fit

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tire Rack.com needs a Spridget to measure/trial-fit
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:31:28 -0400
Last week, I spent several frustrating minutes trying (successfully) to "beat"
the TireRack.com website, to find some Kumho 758 Power Stars for my '72
Midget.  It seems that they do not show the Midget as ever having existed, and
indicate that the only model produced by MG between '63 and '79 was the B.
one of their customer relations guys.  I described the problem I had
encountered on their website, and he explained to me that they only list tire
sizes for models they have PHYSICALLY had in their South Bend, Indiana shop,
and had the opportunity to try different sizes and take appropriate
measurements.
So, if any of you guys are in the vicinity of South Bend, Indiana, contact
TireRack.com and volunteer your Spridget for trial fitting of tires.  Then,
the next time I forget the aspect ratio of my Spridget's tires, and need to
order new ones, I can click on: "find tires by vehicle make & model".
Bud Osbourne
P.S.  I know you'll ALL be so pleased to hear the the newest Microsoft PC
operating system, Windows Vista, no longer offers English in their "spell
check" options!