Re: [Spridgets] Tire Rack.com needs a Spridget to

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, Spridget List
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tire Rack.com needs a Spridget to
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 03:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
Bud,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience there.  I've never been to their
facility, but bought four or five sets of tires from them when I lived in
Nashville.  Generally, my experiences were great and went like this:  I would
order a set of tires for a great price and they would deliver to my place of
work.  I'd then take the tires to my friend's recapping shop at quitting time
(with a six-pack for his crew) and I'd have four tires magically mounted,
balanced, and be on my way. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a buddy with a
shop here on Long Island where a suitable substitute mounting procedure can be
practiced...

I have not yet tried to buy Spridget sized tires from them.  Everything I
bought there was for a Miata, a Corrado, a Nissan pickup, or a Subie wagon.  I
always knew the sizes I was going for before-hand so never used their
suggestions for sizes.
 - David