Re: [Spridgets] blues link (no LBC content)

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] blues link (no LBC content)
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 22:30:15 -0500
I would hardly take "Rolling Stone's" word as gospel on much of anything to
do with music. Show biz, yes. Music, no.

My choices would include Andre Segovia, Les Paul, and Django Rienhardt and
not necessarily in that order. Bucky Pizzarelli ought to rank somewhere in
the top 10, too.

There are gypsy kids in Europe today who can play rings around most of the
people on the "RS" top 10 list. I've got the private recordings to prove it.
My old muscian friend in Devon, England makes their guitars. Having majored
in music at college for a few years and having played guitar since I was 10
I find it hard to get enthused about people who play a gazillion 64th notes
at 120 tempos in the blues scale and then set their guitar on fire. That
ain't musicianship, folks. That's show biz!

I'd include Billy Zoom but his check bounced...    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim