Re: [Spridgets] blues link (no LBC content)

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "John North"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] blues link (no LBC content)
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 01:06:53 -0500
Bud Pazur mentioned some of my favorite Delta Blues maestros in Son House,
Mississippi John Hurt and, Robert Johnson. Each with a distinctive,
intricate, and identifiable style of playing. Then there is jazz, classical,
country , folk, and what have you.

My point is that the highest level of musicianship on the guitar would be
someone who is equally adept with all those styles, not just one or two.
When I see Hendrix listed high on any list I just want to hurl. In England
in the 60s I played with one of his sidemen and neither of us were very
impressed with his virtuosity.

Cheers!!
Jim

P.S. to Billy...   Send another $20 and I'll put you on the list!