[Spridgets] New engine tried to run;dizzy clamp

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] New engine tried to run;dizzy clamp
From: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all the advice on static timing - I got my new engine to run about 3
seconds before the dizzy slipped about 15 degrees - the clamp was too loose. I
tried it with the clamp even tighter but it almost squeezes the distributor out
- away from the spindle. I'm using a 123Ignition distributor. The clamp is a
stock clamp - I think - kinda cheesy stamped metal...is there an aftermarket
clamp or trick I can use to hold that puppy tight? Is something binding up
where the distributor is trying to rotate ina pretty dang snug clamp?

Joe