[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Odessy Continues!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget list"
Subject: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Odessy Continues!
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:44:00 -0500
We are home now after 2 days and 1330 miles. Huge smiles on our faces!  This
morning at Oh Dark Thirty we departed Colby, KS and arrived in Topeka at
Bobo's old fashioned hamburger stand a few minutes past noon. Mike Osipik
and Mac Humphries from the Kansas City Austin Healey Club arrived moments
later. We hooked the trailer up to Mac's vehicle and performed a little
surgery on the Chinky crap trailer tail light to get it working. Then we
enjoyed terrific cheese burgers at Bobo's. These things are hand made
patties and come wrapped in plain white paper like they used to do!!  I
skipped the homemade onion rings and after the others bragged on theirs I
was kicking myself.

About 1:30 pm, Mike and Mac took off for Kansas City with the Holy Sprite as
we waved farewell to our little chum of the past two days! The trailer is
doing just fine though we kept the speed at about 60 mph on the Interstate
just to be safe. Aside from the fratzed tail light which was due entirely to
shoddy engineering and construction, the only casualty we experienced in 650
miles from west Denver to Topeka was a tie-down strap which rubbed up
against something sharp and broke. No sweat - I put another strap on and off
we went.

Over lunch we discussed the extra heavy load and Mike decided to ask the
Kansas City AHC to yank the lump at their tech session meeting tonight. I
see from his email that they have done that and will leave Wednesday morning
for St. Louis with the rolling Holy Sprite on the trailer and the engine and
tranny in the back of Mike's Land Cruiser.

Finally, I posted up a few of the pictures we took along the way and in the
severe thunderstorms last night on Larry Macy's website. I also have some
AVI videos that I took and I'll put those up somewhere tomorrow and give
everyone the URL....
--
Cheers!!
Jim & Carolyn