[Spridgets] Good Colors

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Good Colors
From: "Norm 2Bs" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:11:45 -0400
Ryan asks, "Okay.  What IS a good color to paint LBC's? black you can't see
, green you can't see, red gets to much attention?"

Somewhere in the mess that is my library I have a Mercedes brochure that has
the results of a test done in Germany back in the '80s.  I can't find it
right now.  But, I remember that the most visible color was the yellow
Mercedes used back then.  It's a bit brighter & more yellow than MG's
Primrose.  Next, I believe, was white.

Surprisingly, red is not a great color for "visibility" as it appears black
at night.  Only by day & to cops is it most visible.  I can attest to that
as I was "scooting" down I-95 in Connecticut one day in my white Jetta along
with a red Cavalier.  Statie pulled him over.  Didn't even look at me.

Norm