[Spridgets] Holy Sprite is here

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite is here
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:49:44 -0400
The Holy Sprite arrived and I truly believe there was a bit of divine
intervention on it's journey after seeing that trailer.
The trailer is bent and buckled but it arrived safe and sound.
Father Jack stopped by early this morning on his way to give the 10:00
Mass. He was hoping the car was here.
It was not. ;( Today's 10:00 mass must have been the shortest mass ever
because Fr was back here at 11:15 and so was the Holy Sprite. Now that
church is a solid 20 minutes away from my house and the priest is the
last to leave.
There are or will be pictures of Fr Jack seeing the Holy Sprite posted at
> http://gallery.me.com/lmacy#100141
Fr helped with the dis-assembly of his car while still in his back shirt
and white collar. Ever see a priest with greasy hands?
I think we tired him out as he asked permission to "go ashore" about
6:00 pm as we worked another hour or so removing the entire suspension
from the car.
The car is 100% stripped, it is a shell, doors are off and stripped of
alum trim, every nut and bolt is off the car as are snaps, studs, brake
pipes, shocks, A arms, and rear end.
Dash is out, harness is out, it is just a shell ready for the 9/26 body
work Oshit session.
I have to say, California cars are a wonderful thing. No rust, every
bolt came out like it was installed yesterday.
Here in the east, we soak every nut and bolt for a week before we think
about removing it. We heat them all to a cherry red just before we put a
wrench on it and then we beat the wrench with a BFH until we snap it off.
It's just a way of life on this side of the country. Then we figure out
how much metal we need to make it look like a car again as we cut out
all the swiss cheese like stuff that used to be a body panel.
I mean even the E brake handle screws came out with no effort. I usually
chisel the off and reweld nuts on the back side of the holder. Not this
time.
Maybe some of that divine intervention? Or are all CA cars a piece of
cake to work on?
The body work should take about 4 hours for the rough stuff,  some minor
welding, and a small patch in the floor.
This is normal on a 5 year old car in the north east, not a 49 year old
car. Heck, the Holy Sprite needs less metal work than my 59 which I
restored 5 years ago!
Thanks to all the guys and girls who helped out today.
The guys worked on George's 62 Sprite, Ryan's Midget, and the Holy Sprite.
The girls kept us in food and drink but we did have to take them out for
dinner after the day was done.
A GREAT day, lot's of Spridgets, lots of work accomplished, and lots of
laughs.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ