Re: [Spridgets] oem (original 1980) fuel line

To: <cclabaw@juno.com>, <shop@justbrits.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] oem (original 1980) fuel line
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:00:26 -0400
I hate to burst your engine guru's bubble, but that stuff is crap.  I've
been using the stuff on air-cooled VWs and Porsches (it's OE on both)
for more years than I care to admit to, so I'm more than a bit familiar
with it.
The trouble with the stuff is that, although it will continue to look
just fine for YEARS, the rubber dries out and develops leaks under the
fabric covering.  A whole lot of German cars (it's also OE on BMW and
M-B) have been lost to engine compartment fires of "unknown origin",
because of that stuff.
So, if you want to use it, fine.....just be sure to replace it every
third year, or you may get a very big, very un-wanted surprise some day.
Bud Osbourne