Re: [Spridgets] Mercruiser 4.3

To: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mercruiser 4.3
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:34:33 -0400
Here's the starting sequence that I do on an alpha one with a 350ci engine.

1) Lower the drive if in deep enough water.
2) Press the button in to disengage the forward/reverse engagement.
3) The carb has an accelerator pump.  Pump the handle 4-6 times into the
forward direction and then back to neutral.  This primes
the engine.
4) I then move the handle forward  to the 10-11 o'clock position.  The button
is still in and the drive is still disengaged.
5) Turn the starter key.
6) Engine starts
7) Adjust throttle as required for a nice warm up fast idle.
8) After about 25-40 seconds return to neural and it should hold the low steady
idle.
9) Engage, Bon Voyage, etc..