[Spridgets] It's Alive!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] It's Alive!
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:40:18 GMT
So for the past 4 weeks, Ive been working on getting the Bugeyes brakes
functioning. In the process, it ngot polyurethane bushings all the way around
the suspension, plus my racing springs in front, one new (refilled and bled)
shock on the drivers side, and the disc brake setup cannibalized from my
MKII. I had to find a rebuild kit for one of the rear wheel cylinders (those
were from the MKII originally also) on Friday to get the brakes completed.
Yesterday, I worked on getting tires that werent dry rotted on (185/70-13 DOT
race tires at this point on Vega GT rims), bleeding the brakes out again, and
hot-wiring the ignition. It turned over very well initially, but wouldnt fire
(This was where the original problem was and why it was parked) I checked the
cap and rotor-new, but there was no electrical connection between sides of the
points (I originally suspected shorted points), so a push or two with a needle
file corrected that, a shot of starting fluid, and VROOM-It runs!! 45psi oil
pressure at idle, revs well, stays cool -Amazing little cars aren't they! The
ignition switch needs some attention, as do the electricals for the lights. I
went to take it out for a spin, put 2 gal of gas in, and saw it was dripping
onto my foot! Five pinholes in the tank!  Next project!

So, a question to the list, will the MKII tank and filler tube fit the bugeye?
That tank was professionally cleaned and has never seen a drop since.
TIA and Hoorah!

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016

Click to get information on the ultimate Bahamas relaxation vacation.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijmepLSBhOFFYGq8f18SYeOYy
DLWCMVJZWHo9sMDcwlF2TGHK/