[Spridgets] Spa Video

To: "spridgets Spridgets@autox.team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Spa Video
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:10:56 -0400
No, not what you were thinking! One of the closest F1 races in recent
memory, at one of the best tracks in the world, with the weather playing
a role in the finish, and controversy to boot. I learned the next day
that the stewards had penalized the winner 25 seconds which moved him
back 2 positions and has the driver's championship down to a 2 point
spread. Almost everyone believes the stewards got it wrong, and I was of
the same mind until watching the replay. Lewis Hamilton attempted a low
percentage pass at the chicane which was well defended, and he took the
escape road and came out ahead. You cannot gain an advantage by skipping
part of the track and he immediately returned the position, and then
passed Kimi at the next corner. My belief is that had he followed Kimi
through the chicane he could not have out maintained the momentum to get
inside for the pass.  See if you can agree with the stewards decision,
and it is currently under appeal by McClaren. Great in-car video.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWNN5W_B-Zk
John
Fogelsville, PA