Re: [Spridgets] Mini Engine Numbers

To: millerls@ado13.com, mini-list@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mini Engine Numbers
From: miniac7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:14:13 -0400
Actually there's no way to differentiate between a Cooper and a Cooper S based
on the VIN. The numbers ran concurrently between both models. The only way to
tell what car came with your particular VIN would be to get a Heritage
Certificate.

I can tell you however that the engine number you posted is for a factory
replacement 1275 Cooper S engine, with carbs, crankcase closed circuit
breather, an AEG542 cam and the EN-16 crank, as you've already referenced. This
was a "one spec fits all" engine produced from 1969-1971, which superceded all
previous 1275 Cooper S reconditioned engine specifications. The tappet chest
covers were standard 1275 Cooper S.

If you'd like more help identifying the body shell, contact me directly.

Howard Collins
Virginia Beach, VA.??