Re: [Spridgets] Spa Videohan Lewis was. Obviously,

To: "spridgets Spridgets@autox.team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spa Videohan Lewis was. Obviously,
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:48:43 -0700 (PDT)
That's great in-car stuff.  I watched it live on Speed sunday morning too.  I
don't think I agree with the carrying momentum point.  The fact that Lewis
slowed to let Kimi pass should in and of itself kill any momentum he was
carrying - or at least have made it equal to or less than that of Kimi's.

>From the in-car with Kimi toward the end, you could see he was struggling more
(whether from tire choice or lack of useable tread?) than Lewis was.  They
both went off in that one corner, but Lewis went back on course far before
Kimi did.  Even if Lewis had stayed behind in the chicane, as hard as he was
pushing I think Kimi would have been passed anyway - and could have ended up
in the tire walls just the same.

What a great race, though.  My son and I watch every F1 race.  Except that
somehow we missed the Valencia race.  I knew it was coming and was planning to
watch it, but the three week time off must have done something to my brain - I
completely forgot about it that morning, then missed the replay too.  Anybody
know of a way I can see it?  I was really looking forward to seeing a new
street circuit.  My son was also very disappointed that we missed it.

 - David
'71 Midget
Long Island

 - David