[Spridgets] Solenoid update

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Solenoid update
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:03:28 -0400
I finally had a few minutes to spare, last night, when I got home from
work.  So, I began to track down the electrical fault, which I suspected
(note past tense, here) to be the starter solenoid.  Step one was to
confirm what I was already 99% sure of: all related connections were
found to be clean and tight.
Step two was to determine the true condition of the battery.  I had put
the charger on the previous evening, and let it charge over night (too
tired to come back out & check it that night), so I figured it would
have a pretty good charge in it.  However, the tester showed only about
12.1 volts, and dropped immediately into the heart of the "weak" range
when I put a load on it.
So....I suspect that I have found the problem, and will replace the
battery later today, or tomorrow morning.  I don't have another good 12v
battery near enough to the car to jump, and, since I've confirmed that
the battery in the car is weak, I'm going to eliminate that step
(jumping) and see what happens with a new battery.
I'll report the final (I hope) outcome after I've installed the new
battery.  To bad it's going to be raining for the next four or five days
:(
Bud Osbourne