Re: [Spridgets] Small questions

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Small questions
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:46:36 -0400
> 1.  Should the rebound straps be short enough to prevent the drive shaft
> from rubbing on the frame when the car is on stands?  How much clearance?

Cancel this one.  It turned out that the drive shaft was pulled out of the
transmission when I replaced the rear end.  I assume it will fit better when
it is properly attached.  Cars are like that.  Which brings up another
question.  The instructions on replacing the drive shaft say to hold the
front up with an 8" screw driver through a lubrication hole.  Where might
this hole be?

The rear end probably should come out anyway.  In fussing with the brakes, I
discovered that the pinion oil seal is leaking, not the drain plug as I
thought.  Also, I have one bad hub bearing, so I guess I should replace the
other as well.

Fun and games on the way to the road.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget