Re: [Spridgets] What type of exhaust?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What type of exhaust?
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:40:19 +0000
I installed an exhaust on my Fiat Spider way back when ...  I installed the
U clamp with the nuts facing down.  I picked up more than one plastic bag
that way before I turned it around to face up.  The smell of melting plastic
kind of takes some of the enjoyment out of a top down cruise.

----Original Message Follows----

Ryan,

You may want to check if the pipe comes as a single piece, like the
originals, or is in two pieces.  I got a SS exhaust pipe a few ears
ago, do not remember from where, which was in two pieces. It work OK
except that the pipe clamp mid way down the car would catch on
everything generally twisting the "ball or bell" end out of the clamp
at the header.  So guess it did not work OK.  :-)

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition