Re: [Spridgets] ELVF photos

To: John Caffrey <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ELVF photos
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:37:57 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Wed, 9/24/08, John Caffrey <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU> wrote:
> Is there any chance that disc wear during the session moved
> the fingers
> out enough to use up the free play

Maybe heat closing the free play between TO bearing and fingers.

> I didn't know Tilton made a guide tube! I started on a
> home fabrication
> for that. Is it illustrated anywhere?  Or a P/N?

Terrible pic on Rick Haynes's site, sportsandimports.biz under engine and
driveline section. I have a pic on a recently died computer I'll get soon. PN
on box is 61-041. It's really just a ball throwout bearing with a cast piece
that rides on the input shaft in front of the stock bearing. You have to ream
the center bushing or turn the input shaft down. No one seemed to be able to
tell me why anyone would turn the shaft when reaming is so much easier.

> I saw a figure for throw at the fingers on the clutch cover
> drawing.
> .771" , if I remember correctly. So you must have
> correlated to that?

I think our instructions said with the Tilton MC it would be .25" pedal throw
past initial release, with the stated dimension critical to avoiding
over-throwing the clutch. It worked out to .75-ish coincidentally. Every now
and then you get lucky, I guess.

Regards,
Ron