Re: [Spridgets] No clutch

To: mdrowe@optonline.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No clutch
From: Weslake1330@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:53:02 EDT
This is very interesting.  What I found is that the pivot point on the  'new'
bearings is set further back than the original design of bearing.   So, you
need a longer clutch slave push rod to bring the new bearing up to a
reasonable starting point for that quarter inch of travel to work.

There's a debate to be had here about whether or not the bearing really has
a starting point and if in fact the first application of the pedal brings it
up  to working height and subsequent applications give it full travel.

My input to this debate is that a longer slave rod is cheap and quick to  try
first.

W e s l a k e 1330