[Spridgets] Was Bugeye parts, now Red Devil- Part 1Aa

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Was Bugeye parts, now Red Devil- Part 1Aa
From: Nory <nory1@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 08:53:07 -0400
Okay, the first part of my message still isn't coming out.....  I'll
split it again, into parts 1Aa and 1Ab.  So, if you read all messages
in order, the order should be Parts 1Aa, 1Ab, 1B, and 2.  Got it?

Okay, here's Part 1Aa......

> On Oct 1, 2008, at 4:41 PM, brian S wrote:
>
>> Nory,
>>
>> it was nice to finally meet you and your friend Saturday.
>> how was the rest of your trip home with Fr. Jacks
>> former car??
>>
>> Brian S.
>> Bugeyeracer under resto

Well, it did not go well.

We got in around 7:00 at night, on SUNDAY.  Had some problems.  I
think I cursed myself by calling and telling Frank everything was
fine after the initial breakdown and fix.  We were good for a while,
when that loose connection popped out again.  Upon plugging it back
in, the female parts of the connector fell apart in my hands.  I did
my best to put it back together, but could only get moving if I
actually held it together with one hand.  We were on I-81, 14 miles
south of the PA line, so that wasn't working out too well -- Pretty
hard to steer, shift, and hold wires together at the same time.
Since my passenger refused to take on any of those responsibilities
(:   we decided to pull over and call AAA.  They assured us they
would be along in a half hour.

An hour later, I called AAA back.  They couldn't find the record of
the call, transferred me to five different AAA regions, and finally
discovered that a truck had been dispatched in Western PA, nowhere
near New Jersey.  These idiots didn't believe me when I told them I
was in New Jersey.  They said "are you sure?".  I pointed out that,
although I didn't know exactly what town I was in, I had a receipt
for gas from Peapack, NJ that I got 30 minutes before the car died --
How could I possibly be in Western PA?!!!!  Obviously, I was quickly
losing my patience.  They couldn't figure out where I was, even
though I told them I-81, westbound, at mile marker 14.  Any moron
could figure out that means I'm still 14 miles from the PA line.
That phone call took 45 minutes (thankfully my cel phone was fully
charged).  Five minutes later, I got a call from the driver of the
flatbed they dispatched.  He knew exactly where I was and was on the
way.  So, we finally got picked up, almost 3 hours after my initial
call to AAA.  What else could go wrong?

Continued on Part 1Ab..........