[Spridgets] Proud dad and a new swaybar too - second try

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Proud dad and a new swaybar too - second try
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:32:02 -0700 (PDT)
My 13 year old gearhead-in-training son did the entire mounting job of the new
swaybar today.  I was showing him how to drill out a sheared-off bolt, how a
tap works (one for threads, not for beer) and explaining the physics of how a
swaybar helps keep a car flat in a curve, when he said he wanted to mount the
bar.  He proceeded to do the entire project by himself.  All I did was a final
snug-up of the various bolts and then back it down off the ramps for a test
drive.

What a difference!  I'm driving a different car today than the one I've been
in for the past year.  The original swaybar on my car was apparently lost in
the same event that folded the front tie-down loops flat against the frame.
So I've been cruising around without one all this time.  Found a used one a
few weeks ago for $10 including links, although turns out it had two left
links (Thank you Frank for trading me a right for one of the lefts).

Anyway, today Kyle and I went out looking for elusive curvy bits of Long
Island roads and were truly impressed with the difference.  More than that,
I'm proud of Kyle for not only showing interest, but aptitude for LBC's!

David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island