Re: [Spridgets] converting engine size math

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] converting engine size math
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:29:29 +0100
I just took it as....
Amplifier power efficiency
The electrical efficiency of an electronic amplifier is the ratio of mean
output power to mean input power. As discussed, if the output is resistive,
the mean output power can be found using the RMS values of output current and
voltage signals. However, the mean value of the current should be used to
calculate the input power. That is, the power delivered by the amplifier
supplied by constant voltage VCC is

where IQ is the amplifier's operating current. Clearly, because VCC is
constant, the time average of Pinput depends on the time average value of Iout
and not its RMS value. That is,

So you see it wasn't the Root Mean Square value.

(With thanks and acknowledgement to Wikipedia)  and it's my bed-time over
here!

Guy R Day