Re: [Spridgets] No LBC, Miata question

To: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC, Miata question
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:45:36 -0500
FWIW Tracy, we trailered our 68 Sprite to Lake of the Ozarks, due to
uncertainty in dependability. I had just put in a rebuilt drive train, and
had been troubleshooting small problems for a few weeks. In fact, the Sunday
before we left, I had the lump out, to replace a rear tranny seal. For the
most part, it has been trouble free. The only issue I had recently, was the
clutch fluid. New rebuilt White Post master, new (from Just Ed) slave and
flex line. Steel line removed and inspected, no rust or seepage anywhere.
But every few weeks, depending on how much weekend driving I would do, I'd
have to rebleed the system. FINALLY it dawned on me. The only new part NOT
in the system, was the copper crush washer. I have that in now, and will see
what the next few weeks bring.
Sorry to take so long to reply, I have the day off, and I was out driving in
the Sprite. Topped it off at $2.49 per, this am....