Re: [Spridgets] An interesting read !!!

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] An interesting read !!!
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 09:55:11 -0700
Hello Billy,

     while it may be (IS?) a crime to modify or tamper with the
     emission systems of any car made after 1968 (?) there is no law
     about cars that did not originally have such systems. Thus, the
     CRX is fair game for the police, but Bucket T or other "hot rod"
     is not.

     your glass pack does nothing to modify the emissions system, so
     is not considered an illegal modification UNLESS it violates
     NOISE ordinances, OR you have replaced the catalytic converter
     with the glass pack.

     I have a K&N ramcharger intake on my daily driver. and tho it is
     a modification of the intake system it is NOT a modification of
     the emissions system, and in fact uses the factory mass flow
     sensor, so IS 50 state legal. Headers on a car fall into the same
     category

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  Astronauts get missile-toe.