Re: [Spridgets] No LBC; Coyotes in PPP's Backyard

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC; Coyotes in PPP's Backyard
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:33:35 -0500
> We have coyotes where I live.  The only outdoor cats on my block are 20
> pounds or greater.  There is four 20 pound outdoor cats in a 7 house
> radius.  Anything smaller was "disappeared" years ago.  There are some
> black bear also and every once in a while there is a report of a cougar.

And we have them by my house, too, here in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
My outside cat is only about 18 pounds, but there is not an ounce of fat in
there. He is running on four bald tires (WE didn't want an outside cat), but
the dogs in the neighborhood pull their owners to the other side of the
street as they come by our house. He has been getting away with it for ten
years now, so I guess he has reached an understanding with the coyotes as
well as the skunks.
David Lieb