Re: [Spridgets] Hope for GM?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hope for GM?
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:18:09 -0400
> Ford is in a similar position. There is no reason for the Mercury line to
>exist and they have basically put a stake through the
> heart of Lincoln by marketing >Lincoln SUV's and trucks.

I disagree.  Ford is not nearly as over branded as GM is/was.

GM has historically been far worse off.  They have seperate divisions
developing product independently.

A good case in point was back in the 80's when electronic engine controls were
being phased in.
GM had each division develop it's own engine control.   Ford unified with the
EECIV across all platforms.

Mercury is just an upscale rebadging with more options.  We all know that.

I actually hope GM bites the dust.

So, who wants to bet that the Volt never happens?
Who the heck advertises a car to be availible in 2010?  Answer...A company that
won't be around by then.