[Spridgets] Have clutch, will travel

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Have clutch, will travel
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:53:08 -0400
I got my clutch working.  Not completely, but enough to drive my lovely
assistant around town.

One person can't do what I did; it takes two.  I got a plastic horse syringe
from a veterinarian's office for $5 and put in on the bleeder valve with two
sizes of tubing, one that fit the bleeder and another shoved inside that fit
the syringe.  The two seal together well enough for sucking, but not blowing.
I then sucked a LOT of fluid through, while my lovely assistant poured a LOT of
fluid into the reservoir.  It doesn't work with one person because, in the time
it takes to refill the reservoir, the bubbles can rise back to the top of the
pipe (assuming, of course, you can manage to remember to stop before the
reservoir sucks air).  It has to be a constant, high-volume flush that flows
downward faster than the bubbles can float upward.  An Eezibleed is probably
easier, but it costs $60.

I still can't get inspected.  Half of the rear lights that were working a month
ago are no longer working.  And I broke my washer/wiper lever trying to make it
dim the headlights.

But I have a clutch.
Sort of.

Michael Rowe